Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cuscooooooo nights ;)










Back in Cusco, the next day Ducky and Merri moved to the legendary Loki to join me and Desire, and where we would have our celebratory night out. That day however we went for well earned Massages after hiking for 4 days. The Pervians ability to massage however leaves alot to be desired. More rough and ready than relaxing, and I nearly had a hard failure when I realised the not-so-small women was climbing onto my bed, straddling my head between her thighs while she massaged my back...





That night was a big one, not only were we celebrating finishing Macchu Picchu, but it was also the first time in a month I was drinking without the immediate feeling that I would vomit and I was no longer on antibiotics. So regardless to say that night I lived up to my Irish reputation and got good and shit faced. How else does one celebrate having been good and healthy for 4 full days?








Everyone else from the hike joined us in the Loki bar that night, including our tour guide Edy, who as the night wore on became increasingly pervy towards all the girls from the group, living up to the South American tour guide reputation.



What made the night additionally good was that a large quantity of people I'd met in South America had seemed to accumulate in Loki Cusco while I was gone, I was reunited with Emma from BA, Krishna, Hazel and Hijii from the Salt Flats and Noel and Emmett from La Paz. The Gringo trail in South America really is a wonder, despite the vastness of the continent you inevitably end up bumping into the same people again and again. Theres only two directions anyone you meet are going in, its either North or South.



We stayed in the bar watching and dancing to the Classic Rock band until they ended, then somehow ended up dancing on the bar before following the massive Loki crowd of about 30 Gringos to a rather empty nightclub which played classics such as Eminem 'my name is' and of course the South American anthem of 'Tonights going to be a good night, or whatever its called by the Black Eyed Peas, obviously for the tourists benefits. However we made the most of it and managed to dance on yet another bar...



A group quickly formed to leave onto 'Roots' a much better busier nightclub with a good selection of Raggae and Dance music. It was a good, drunk messy night, but I won't reveal any of the sordid details of it here, I'll just quote Merri with 'I don't understand, everyones just kissing everyone!!'


At 5am we decided to call it a night and headed back to Loki. Me and Merri jumped out of the taxi leaving Ducky to pay, and waited by the door, until we realised he was taking quite a while, and traffic was building on the hill behind. Next thing the ARMED security guard has his gun out, if giving out shit to some guy, is joined by others who all start kicking the guy whos now been beaten to the ground! I realise the guys got his gun out, and is pistol whipping some guy in the street while Duckys sitting in this taxi right by them. We thought both incidents were related in our drunken haze, start yelling a Ducky to get into the hostel before someone gets shot. Turns out, the taxi driver was trying to over-charge him by a dollar so he thinks its worth while to argue, in the mean time, while the taxi behind is held up by Ducky's arguing, some guy jumps in and tries to rob him, which our security guard witnesses and decides its time to become Steven Segal on his ass. All very dramatic for a dollar...


I'm glad to report, nobody got shot.

The next day was the best hang over ever. It started with Mc Donalds for lunch, gossip, then went onto a heavy day of shopping. Despite occasional vomit stops, we did well, especially when we found a beautiful Boutique with hand made originally dresses by an irish designer that had moved a few years ago. We were served REAL tea and cake while we tried on hundreds of dresses, and once we'd choosen they were altered to our exact sizes.

Making our way back to the hostel we then stumbled upon a tattoo parlor and that was it, Merri and Desire got tattoos while I got a new piercing, in my ear.

So cured of hangovers by shopping and scarring ourselves we returned to Loki happy women ready for our next adventure in Peru's capital Lima.


1 comment: