Sunday, September 27, 2009

Super Carma and Iguazu Falls...




Have you ever been excited about an 18 hour bus ride? No? Then you`ve clearly never traveled Super Carma before! So I decided to go all out on the bus trip to Iguazu falls and booked Super Carma, after the guy booking it for me at the hostel told me it was something I had to do once in my life. Very good advice. So its sort of like flying 1st class, something which I doubt will ever happen to me in the real world. Plus it wasnt hugely more expensive than traveling Carma. By the way, for those of you without spanish, Carma means bed. Thats right, the seats turn into beds, and it was the best bed Ive slept on yet. You also get an endless supply of movies (mostly Pirate I might add) and pretty well fed, wine, and Champagne. Love super Carma. Plus if your drivers and host is anything like the ones i got on Via Baroilloche, theyll sit with you, teach you spanish, draw you maps of Argentina and then tell you they think your pretty. How lovely! Haha. I also made friends with a 50+ british couple from Oxford, who said that they were having their mid life crisis, had left for a year and are renting an apartment in BA. They were lovely, and I met with them again at the Falls.

Iguazu falls are amazing. Photos dont do it justice, it really makes you realise how small and insignificant we are. They are the widest waterfalls in the world, and aparently are more impressive than Niagra falls. You can visit them from Brazil and Argentina, I did both. From the Brazil side you get an amazing view of the whole falls. You go on a trail which eventually takes you to the bottom of one of the falls, where you get quite wet. The water is very high at the moment due to heavy rainfall last week, so Im told it makes them even more impressive.
On the Argentinian side there is more to see and do. Theres many trails through the rain forest, but incase you think I was on some wild hike, its more like Disney world, where you follow paths around.
You can also get a boat under the falls, which is what I did. I am not a boat person at the bet of times, but I just had to swallow my fear and board with the other Gringos, trusting my life in the laid back tour guides and my huge life jacket. I was scared for about five minutes, but soon got over it, it was amazing, and well worth the shower.
So My trip to the falls has given me a taste for the outdoors, Im back in BA for two nights, the tropical heat and sun of Iguazu certainly makes the wet cold weather here doubley unappealing so Im looking into my next trip, Mendoza, to Wine tasting and Hiking! Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. hey, so finially had a chance to catch up on all your travels....freshers week and the 1st week of college seemed to take over my life and getting time to do the simple things in life (like eat!) proved a lot more difficult to do than one would think!

    The travels sound amazing, and the photos look great. I am very happy to see that steak is the norm for dinner over there, i may take a trip to see if its any good!

    Hope all is well and i am looking forward to reading the next travel post!!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete